A blog about music... and its awesomeness

Friday, January 23, 2009

Animal Collective: "My Girls"




I recently came across the band Animal Collective at friends house and absolutely loved their sound. It's one of those bands whose name I have heard thrown around over the years but I think this was the first time I ever actually listened to them. I really like this song because it is a hybrid of some of my favorites styles - the minimalist classical music style of Steve Reich and the killer melodies and harmonies of bands like the Beach Boys. This track entitled "My Girls" from their new album Merriweather Post Pavilion and it's a really cool track. Let it grow on you.


Animal Collective - "My Girls"


1 comment:

  1. In case anyone is interested one of Animal Collective's founding members is the musician known as Panda Bear. I posted a song released by him several months ago called "Comfy In Nautica," on October 4th of 2008. Which sounds similar to this track. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete

outbrain profile

About

My photo
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
This blog is dedicated to talking about anything and everything.

Ratings by outbrain

Followers

Friends

Discoveries

Labels

Admin Only

Blogs I Like

Powered by Blogger.