A blog about music... and its awesomeness

Friday, December 12, 2008

Sufjan Stevens: "Holy Holy Holy"




I actually discovered this song through friend of a friend. I have wanted to purchase Sufjan's Christmas albums for a while now, but I always seem to forget about them until after just after Christmas. His recording of the classic "Holy Holy Holy" brings the gentleness, beauty and inventiveness that Sufjan brings to all of his works. I think this year I might have to go out and by the whole 5-disc set. It is more likely that I will just buy it off of amazon after I finnish this post.

It is simply refreshing to hear Christmas music that is being sung from the heart. I get chills just listening to this song. There is so much christmas music out there that is sung for pop culture, for tradition, for materialism. These songs are different. They make me reflect, they make me think and hope. They make me actually think about what Christmas is truly about. They make me think about my Savior. And perhaps most astonishingly to me, they make me realize how often I forget that.



Sufjan Stevens - "Holy Holy Holy"

1 comment:

  1. Haha cool. As I said on Costa's post, we've played this song at dcf a few times. It's funny both you guys have picked it even though it's not really a Christmas song. I love it too, though.

    ReplyDelete

outbrain profile

About

My photo
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
This blog is dedicated to talking about anything and everything.

Ratings by outbrain

Followers

Friends

Discoveries

Labels

Admin Only

Blogs I Like

Powered by Blogger.