A blog about music... and its awesomeness

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Guilty Pleasures #1: Areosmith - "Back in the Sadle Again"



I have decided to start a series of posts that I will add to over time about different guilty pleasures of mine. I belive that the atmosphere in which you choose to listen to a particaular song can dramatically effect the listenability of a particualr work. There are certain songs that I wouldnt be caught dead listening to in any normal settting. However, there are exceptions to this - i.e. - Areosmith, which I pretent to loath, and their song "Back in the Saddle Again." I want to go ahead and appologize to any Areosmith fans out there. I mean no ill will. I just don't really like the band or the music that much - on your average day. Yet, their are times in my life when I want to rock out to this song. Important times in my life. Not your average day mind you, but times when you need a little mood music. Times like - the begging of a road trip for instance. Thoese are times when music like this is appropriate and dare I say even needed, or wanted.

Who am I kidding I crave this song at the beginning of a road trip. This and Gene Autry or a little Willy Nelson, Kenny Rogers, the Muppet's (maybe that's the really guilty pleasure)... It just fits. I can't explain it. I just know for a fact that it is true. It's cheesy. It's wrong. It's dirty. But it's the truth and I love it.

So without further adieu I give you Aerosmith, "Back in the Sadle Again."

And I am so ashamed. How about you guys out there in cyberland... what music is your guilty pleasure?


Areosmith - "Back in the Saddle Again"





No comments:

Post a Comment

outbrain profile

About

My photo
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
This blog is dedicated to talking about anything and everything.

Ratings by outbrain

Followers

Friends

Discoveries

Labels

Admin Only

Blogs I Like

Powered by Blogger.