A blog about music... and its awesomeness

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Manchester Orchestra: "I've Got Friends"



It irritates me how good this song is for a number of reasons.  First, these guys are in my circle of musician friends here in Atlanta.   Two, they are younger than me.  Third, and most importantly,  this song it totally awesome. 

Even more irritating is the fact that their are a number of musicians that I grew up with that are in bands that are actually going places. Now, I mean don't get me wrong.  I am really happy for all of them.  But it is just so frustrating.  In some ways I am actually happy that I wasn't pulled head first into the whole thing.  There has  been a lot of drama among some of these bands, which quite frankly pisses me off.  I mean bands are big dysfunctional families, kinda like the mob, stealing,  cheating, back-stabbing, etc.  - it just sucks.  

All of that aside Manchester Orchestra is an awesome band.  They have got some great songs and here is one of their latest.  You can actually go to this link and download the song for free.  Awesome!  I love free music.  Keep an eye on these guys when their new album comes out in April entitled Mean Everything to Nothing.  Check it out.

Manchester Orchestra: "I've Got Friends"



No comments:

Post a Comment

outbrain profile

About

My photo
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
This blog is dedicated to talking about anything and everything.

Ratings by outbrain

Followers

Friends

Discoveries

Labels

Admin Only

Blogs I Like

Powered by Blogger.