A blog about music... and its awesomeness

Monday, February 2, 2009

Top 5 Bands I Can't Get Into, but wish I could.




The Top 5 Bands I Can't Get Into, but wish I could...

Now don't get me wrong people, I am not saying that I hate these bands, I really want to like these bands. I have tried very hard to get them under my skin. Each of the bands that I am about to mention I even think are great bands and have great songs, I just can't connect. In fact, there are several songs from each band that I love - if not adore. However, I just cant get into them no matter how much I wish I could.

Yet alas, as a band - as a collection of work - I just can't sit down and listen to a whole album by any of these, even though I want to, even though I ave tried. The old me even lied to people... "yeah! I love that band...'s one song - what ever the hell it's name was, great stuff. There from _________ (insert random place that sounds close or cool), right?"

I know, I know what you are thinking. And sadly it's true, I am not so cool after all. So in an attempt to redeem some of my dignity I have posted below one of my favorite songs from each of these bands. Just to show you that I am not totally closed minded. If any of you out there want to post your favorite songs, or even albums, by these guys feel free to comment on this post - please prove me wrong. Help me see the light! Or just join me and tell me your "Top Five Bands I can't get into, but wish I could."

So here they are...

Number 1: Dare I say it, Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love


Number 2: Dave Matthews - ummm...

Ok, I honestly can't think of any... sorry. I just don't care for good old Dave.


Number 3: Weezer - Buddy Holly (a little on the nose, I know)



Number 4: Bella & Sebastian



Number 5: Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit - I know... the obvious choice.


8 comments:

  1. Dude, seriously, stop stealing my ideas. Haha just kidding, steal at will.

    Nice list. I totally understand all of them except Led Zeppelin. Don't believe the haters who say they're a rip-off band (ok, only partly believe them) or just another Van Halen - they don't know what they're talking about. You seriously can't listen to II all the way through?

    To add insult to injury, "Whole Lotta Love" is one of my least favorite Zeppelin songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that pic says it all... lol

    duffy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know guys. It's painful. I never have been able to listen to a Led Zeppelin album all the way through. And actually be there in it. If you know what I mean. Justin, what is your favorite Led Zeppelin song?

    Didn't mean to steal your idea by the way. Kinda funny I must have subconsciously done so. Which I find pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Justin, to answer your question more directly about II. It is my favorite album of theirs. I actually own it and listen to it. However, really only a song at a time. I am going to give it another try though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny picture of you, can't say that it does much for Aaron. I can't go for any of those bands either, although I can't lie...I do like a few Dave Matthews songs...just can't think of any right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Aaron has never looked more beautiful.

    My favorite Zeppelin song (right now - changes all the time) is probably "What is and what never should be." Other favorites are Ramble On, Moby Dick, Going to CA, and Good times bad times, and Black Dog. Achilles last stand is often rated as one of the best Zep songs, but I can't remember how it goes right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How can anyone not soil themselves when they listen to Led Zep? And what's all this talk of them being a rip off band? Seriously, listen to House of the Holy. Also, Belle & Sebastian do have a few tunes that are whiney and a little too twee but they have some real belters too. Try listening to 'Sleep the clock around', 'The model' and 'Get me away from here, I'm dying'.

    I like this blog. You always appear to be listening to the same shit i am. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. See that is the sad thing. I like Led Zeppelin - I even love their songs for what they are all by themselves. I just can't seem to get hooked - it's tragic. Thanks for commenting Yeepcha I will check out those songs you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete

outbrain profile

About

My photo
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
This blog is dedicated to talking about anything and everything.

Ratings by outbrain

Followers

Friends

Discoveries

Labels

Admin Only

Blogs I Like

Powered by Blogger.