A blog about music... and its awesomeness

Thursday, February 26, 2009

M. Ward: "Hold Time"





A haunting and beautiful song, "Hold Time," can be found on M. Ward's new album by the same name. M. Ward, a singer/songwriter who got his start in Portland, OR music scene has gone on to make six studio albums. And has recorded with such artist as Cat Power, Bright Eyes, and co-produced Jenny Lewis's debut album. Not to mention touring with R.E.M. and "The Boss."

For M. Ward has been a name that has been tossed about in the background and liner notes of some of the music I listen to. I admit that I had never really heard much of his on music until I I first heard his work with the band She & Him (which I should post on soon). This song and this new album is my first exposure to M. Ward and so far I really like it. Especially this song, the title track - "Hold Time."



M. Ward - "Hold Time"

1 comment:

  1. Dude, you need to own Transfiguration of Vincent and Post-War. Drew got me into M. Ward. It took a while but I'm a huge fan now. We'll definitely listen to some of his tunes on the way to DC.

    ReplyDelete

outbrain profile

About

My photo
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
This blog is dedicated to talking about anything and everything.

Ratings by outbrain

Followers

Friends

Discoveries

Labels

Admin Only

Blogs I Like

Powered by Blogger.