A blog about music... and its awesomeness

Friday, October 24, 2008

Sigur Rós: Hoppípolla (or "Jumping into Puddles")


Often the music I listen to comes directly from a sort of family tree of influences.  For instance, an artist or band I enjoy mentions they like this or that album and then I go check it out.  It is a method which really saves a lot of time.  

This band, Sigur Rós, is just such an example. I remember Chris Martin from Coldplay describing Sigur Rós way back in 2000 as being music of "pure emotion," which actually describes their work quite well.  Being in a different language, I can't understand a word they are saying, but you feel it. This particular song may have first been introduced to a more mainstream audience when it was used to promote the television program Planet Earth. Hoppípolla, off the album Takk, is perhaps one of the most powerful and emotional pieces of music off that album and that I have ever heard.  It makes me want to explore, smile, and give someone a hug all at the same time. 

Here is the Planet Earth Video, but if you are interested check out their music video here which is equally as touching, but in a totally different way. 

Hoppípolla

No comments:

Post a Comment

outbrain profile

About

My photo
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
This blog is dedicated to talking about anything and everything.

Ratings by outbrain

Followers

Friends

Archive

Discoveries

Labels

Admin Only

Blogs I Like

Powered by Blogger.