A blog about music... and its awesomeness

Friday, October 3, 2008

Wojciecha Kilara: Orawa


Imagine yourself standing on the edge of a vast space. The wind running through gently your hair and then you are slowly lifted off your feet high into the air.  Then you begin to soar through the air as if you are on the wings of eagles. 

This is a minimalist piece of music, give it chance.  Like my last entry you really need to engage yourself in the music.  Shut your eyes and let it take you on its wings into the air.  This piece is one wild ride.  It is one of those pieces that got me into classical music for the first time.  In many ways its my first love of classical music, but certainly not my last.  I once listened to this piece eight times in a row, slowly digging deeper into the piece - each time peeling away a layer, and each time finding more.  It's simply amazing. 

"Orawa"

No comments:

Post a Comment

outbrain profile

About

My photo
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
This blog is dedicated to talking about anything and everything.

Ratings by outbrain

Followers

Friends

Archive

Discoveries

Labels

Admin Only

Blogs I Like

Powered by Blogger.