A blog about music... and its awesomeness

Friday, November 21, 2008

Jaime Cullum: "Blame It On My Youth," "What A Difference a Day Made"


For whatever reason, whenever I drive my little Mazda (which is currently and tragically lacking a radio) I get Jamie Cullum's version of the song "Blame It On My Youth" in my head. I don't know where or why it comes from, but it is always there. I have sung it many shameless times to myself, especially the part were he sings, "If only just for you I did exist, blame it on my youth..."  I just can't shake it.  I haven't even listened to the song recently.  In fact, this is the first time in months that I have actually played the track.  Kinda weird.  There are worse songs to get stuck in your head for years.  It has to count for something if you can't get it out of your head when you haven't even listened to the actual recording in months. 


The track originally appeared on his amazing debut album entitled "Twentysomething."  While I found his second album disappointing, I have high hopes that he will once again come out with such a classic album.  Also, I should tell you that seeing his show at the Roxy here in Atlanta was just perhaps the best show I have ever seen.  The sound quality was amazing.  It was mixed to absolute perfection and the tickets where only 15 bucks.  

I also really love his version of the song "What A Difference A Day Made."  So I posted a video of this song as well.  It's great for the holidays. 

The "Blame It On My Youth" Youtube video may be a candidate for the worst video ever posted on Youtube, except for the fact that it has the best version of the song I could find.  Just try not to watch the video.  It is super cheesy and honestly I can't watch it.  The second video is cool though. 


Jaime Cullum - "Blame It On My Youth" (listen and try not to watch!)



Jaime Cullum - "What A Difference A Day Makes"


4 comments:

  1. nothing beats "High and Dry" for me. We need to watch the Blenheim Palace dvd together - have you seen it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "High and Dry" as well. Did you know that it is a Radiohead song? It's off there album "The Bends." Here is a video of their version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6uaTYjCWvY).

    I have seen the Blenheim Palace dvd! It's great, I actually own it. It would be a lot of fun to watch it together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that's sarcastic, because you've only told me it's a Radiohead song about 5 million times.

    And I've heard their version. And it sucks like the rest of their music.

    Just kidding! Haha ok ok so maybe one of the most critically acclaimed artists of all time doesn't suck. But I just can't dig Radiohead. I just don't have the gene. I may finally have to accept the fact that God has given me unfortunately conventional taste in music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just messing with you. The great thing about music that we all have different tastes that is how different music is created. And I think that is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

outbrain profile

About

My photo
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
This blog is dedicated to talking about anything and everything.

Ratings by outbrain

Followers

Friends

Discoveries

Labels

Admin Only

Blogs I Like

Powered by Blogger.