A blog about music... and its awesomeness

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Pass the Drumsticks: Thanksgiving Jazz - Louis Armstrong, Miles Davis




There is just something about jazz music that makes it perfect for the holidays, especially Thanksgiving and Christmas. And it just so happens that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Not just beacause jazz fits so perfectly into the the family mix and that it comes before I am totally sick of Christmas music, but also because it is not over commercialized. It is a holiday that still retains some of its original authenticity.

Because of this, I have chosen to provide everyone with a little thanksgiving jazz. There are two tracks that I have discovered which I am going to be spinning on Thanksgiving day: The first, "Autumn Leaves" by Miles Davis; the second, the Louis Armstron version of the Fats Waller song "All That Meat and No Potatos." I hope you enjoy both of them. I hope that everyone has a great Thanksgiving Day! Just remember to take a deep breath and don't try to fake it - be real people.


Louis Armstrong - "All That Meat and No Potatoes"



Miles Davis - "Autumn Leaves"

No comments:

Post a Comment

outbrain profile

About

My photo
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
This blog is dedicated to talking about anything and everything.

Ratings by outbrain

Followers

Friends

Discoveries

Labels

Admin Only

Blogs I Like

Powered by Blogger.