A blog about music... and its awesomeness

Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Last Shadow Puppets: "Standing Next to Me"



Occasionally while searching for new music on the web, I trip across something really special that is new and exciting to me.  Yesterday it was The Last Shadow Puppets.  This duo is made up of the Arctic Monkeys lead singer, Alex Turner, and the lead singer of The Rascals, Miles Kane.  The boys met while on tour and began to write music together that is a clear departure from the sounds of their own bands.  Together their music feels straight out of the 60's and the British invasion. 

However, what really annoys me about these guys is that they are younger than me.  But I can get past that.  I really love this little song.  I have played it so much that my wife is beginning to hate it now, but I am telling you the song is  brilliant. 


Acoustic version of 'Standing Next To Me' 


No comments:

Post a Comment

outbrain profile

About

My photo
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
This blog is dedicated to talking about anything and everything.

Ratings by outbrain

Followers

Friends

Discoveries

Labels

Admin Only

Blogs I Like

Powered by Blogger.