A blog about music... and its awesomeness

Monday, November 3, 2008

Sufjan Stevens: The Predatory Wasp Of The Palisades Is Out To Get Us!


I can think of only a handful of albums that I have thrown on the hi-fi that have totally stopped me dead in my tracks.  The kind of album that I have listen to in their entirety while lying on the floor with eyes closed.  Albums like the Beatle's "Abbey Road" or the Flaming Lip's record "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots." The type of album that was intended to  be listened to from beginning to end without interruption.  An album whose songs bleed effortlessly into one another forming a cohesive whole - true audial works of art. 

Sufjan Stevens album "Come On!  Feel the Illinoise!"  is one of these albums.  If Paul Simon and Phillip Glass came together to make an album it might sound a lot like this one.  Not only does Sufjan write the music and lyrics for these songs but he also writes the orchestral compositions for them as well.  On top of that his lyrics are astounding.  Here is one of my favorite tracks of "Come On!  Feel the Illinoise!." 


Sufjan Stevens:  The Predatory Wasp Of the Palisades Is After Us!

2 comments:

  1. i've been jammin to this song for a few days now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... I really should buy this one.

    ReplyDelete

outbrain profile

About

My photo
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
This blog is dedicated to talking about anything and everything.

Ratings by outbrain

Followers

Friends

Discoveries

Labels

Admin Only

Blogs I Like

Powered by Blogger.