A blog about music... and its awesomeness

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Seasick Steve: "Hootenanny" & "Walking Man"



Having been born in Memphis, TN blues is in my blood. The raw energy that it emits is almost unparalleled by any other genre. The closest thing that I have found comes out of Africa. Seasick Steve is perhaps one of the best living blues musicians around. He has been really well received overseas in England and Europe. Defying many traditional notions of blues musicians he lives with his wife in Norway and has received his greatest critical acclaim from Europe. Check out these videos of him. He bleeds blues to the bone.

And just let me say once again that "Live on Later... with Jools Hooland" is perhaps the best music television show I have ever seen. I wish we got it here in the states without satellite tv. On a side note, it is kinda funny that when Ewan McGregor grew his beard out on Long Way Down that he looked a lot like Steve.  Enjoy the blues. 

Steve's Television Debut - "Hootenanny"


Seasick Steve - "Walking Man"


2 comments:

  1. SC has its own blues icon who goes by the unlikely name of "Drink Small." I couldn't find any good Youtube videos of him, but here's his website: http://www.drinksmallblues.com/

    ReplyDelete

outbrain profile

About

My photo
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
This blog is dedicated to talking about anything and everything.

Ratings by outbrain

Followers

Friends

Discoveries

Labels

Admin Only

Blogs I Like

Powered by Blogger.